I'm Grateful To God For Sustaining Us, Says Hon. Benedicta Ebuehi In Her Valediction

 By Suleiman Ugbokhe

Hon. (Mrs) Benedicta Ebuehi, Executive Chairman of Etsako East addressing the gathering

For the Executive Chairman of Etsako East local Government Area, Hon. (Mrs) Benedicta Ebuehi, it was a historic occasion for the outpouring of emotions and an in dept stocktaking as the number one citizen of the council area as she gave her valedictory speech before the management and staff as well as appointees and stakeholders of the local government.
She thanked God that the entire staff of Etsako East local government area were gathered together for the occasion, even as some who started the administration with them three years ago were not present due to either ill health or death.
A cross section of staff of the local government area at the valedictory gathering

"The fact that we are alive, we give all the glory to God Almighty. We started the tenure together three years ago and we are still here, ending it together. To God be all the glory."
Sticking to her famous trademark of speaking extemporaneously, Hon. (Mrs) Benedicta Ebuehi went down memory lane by recalling that she was part of the administration, which ends in a few days' time, as a Vice Chairman from the beginning but ending it by God's grace as the Executive Chairman.
"As you all know I did not start this Administration as a Chairman. I started as a Vice Chairman.... I have been in the local government system now for about 8 years, because I started here as an SLG (Secretary to the Local Government) in 2013.... Some of you know me from that time. You know the kind of person I am," the eloquent helmswoman stated.
"It pleased God Almighty to elevate me in October 2019. I am very, very grateful to Him for sustaining me; that we are not gathered for a funeral but for you to bid us, the politicians farewell. It is a cause for joy.
"Let me also sincerely thank His Excellency, the "Wake and See" Governor of Edo State, Mr. Godwin Obaseki and his very loyal and dogged Deputy, Rt. Hon. Com. Philip Shaibu for giving me the opportunity to serve the people of Etsako East."
For the very resilient first female Executive Chairman of Etsako East, having to preside over the affairs of the council in the last one and a half years was not a bed of roses.
She states thus: "I know in the course of the last 16 months or so, things have been extremely, extremely challenging. I remember the day I arrived in this council as the chairman for the first time, there was huge jubilation but I know some of you are disappointed because of the dwindling resources which led to our inability to meet up with all our obligations to you.
"Most people know that in my own time as Chairman, the price of crude oil fell to its lowest in 30 years."
The skillful management of scarce resources and the Spartan lifestyle in Hon. (Mrs) were a delight to behold as she explained her rightful entitlements she had to deny herself because of the paucity of funds in the council.
"I want to thank all of you sincerely that when I came you welcomed me with open arms and gave me your cooperation.
"Under the NULGE Chairman, I received total support. Under the leadership of the HOLGA, I received total support. I am indeed very grateful".
Hon. (Mrs) Benedicta Ebuehi's humility is unparalleled. She accepts her faults and wastes no time in tendering apology where and when necessary.
Some of the management staff and the NULGE leadership that spoke during the occasion poured encomiums on the outgoing Executive Chairman for her team spirit, open-door policy and transparency she deployed in administering the affairs of the council, which endeared her to all and ensured a sustained industrial harmony throughout the local government area. They prayed that God will guide and sustain her to the next level.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Imiegba And Children Of Pa Akubo Esuka Celebrate His Enthronement As Ódegbé

Hon. Benedicta Ebuehi Felicitates With Gov Obaseki On Fifth Anniversary

One Year After ... Hon. Princess Benedicta Ebuehi Remains The Toast Of Etsako East People